Tuesday, January 8, 2008

On My Bookshelf: 2007 Good Reads

RECENT READS FOR 2007
12/07 The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom
11/07 Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
6/24/07 A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseni
6/6/07 A Year By the Sea by Joan Anderson
6/3/07 Three Cups of Tea by Greg Mortensen and David Oliver Relin
5/27/07 Dear John by Nicholas Sparks
5/27/07 For One More Day by Mitch Albom
4/21/07 A Wedding in December by Anita Shreve
4/20/07 Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
4/10/07 Where the Heart Is by Billie Letts
3/31/07 The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls
3/2/07 The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
2/23/07 The Last Time They Met by Anita Shreve
2/22/07 The Tenth Circle by Jodi Picoult
1/29/07 Sam's Letters to Jennifer by James Patterson
1/28/07 My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult
1/11/07 The True and Outstanding Adventures of the Hunt Sisters by Elisabeth Robinson
1/9/07 Angry Housewives Eating Bon Bons by Lorna Landvik
1/6/07 The Most Wanted by Jacquelyn Mitchard
My favorite "great escape" for 2007 was The Time Traveler's Wife. I loved that book. The book that most expanded my view of the world was Three Cups of Tea. Author Greg Mortensen is coming to Rochester on February 11 in honor of the annual Rochester Reads program. I am excited to meet him. The biggest "wow" ending happened in The Last Time They Met. You have to read it yourself! The book that left me feeling sad was The Glass Castle but I'm so glad I read it so I can understand humanity better. The book I loved but didn't think I would was Water for Elephants. Thanks to my parents and teachers for helping me love reading, and thanks to my book club for choosing such outstanding selections (and for serving such yummy drinks, delicious food, and fantastic girl talk!).

No comments: